Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Better Late Than Never

In late December shortly before embarking on this journey I made the very important decision to change the address on my Outside magazine subscription to the new Indian address. I really had no expectations as to whether it would ever arrive; in fact, I had forgotten I had made that very important decision.

Fast forward from that cold December day to this hot July morning when the phone rang and Lindsay was told that a courier was coming up to the apartment. Having no idea what might be delivered and not expecting anything, you can imagine my surprise when the July issue of Outside was the package. I mean, sure, it took seven months for the change of address to take effect, but who am I to complain?

As you can tell, it doesn't take much to entertain me, but an unexpected piece of home (even something as mundane as a magazine) can do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment