Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Domestic Decisions

After much deliberation and probably too much conversation, we finalized our first weekend trip destination and are headed to Goa over the extended holiday weekend (Holi) at the end of February. While we'll miss the celebration of colors in the north, we're hoping to get a little color ourselves at or around the beach (I feel like my skin looks the same ashen shade as Kramer's when he took up smoking on that one "Seinfeld" episode).

I booked the trip online at the Indian Orbitz, MakeMyTrip.com; while it wasn't quite as simple as its unrelated American cousin, I was pleased with the overall experience.  I really have no knowledge of domestic Indian airline carriers other than Kingfisher and Jet Airways are well regarded and typically more expensive while budget carriers Go India, Indigo, and Spicejet are typically cheaper, as budget airlines tend to be.  The best non-stops were on Indigo and Kingfisher, so I decided to ask a colleague at work for his take.  Here's a transcript of that (quick) conversation:

Me:  "So, what do you think about flying domestically on Indigo?"

Colleague:  "If the weather is good, they're not bad."


I just hope Kingfisher's airline is as good as its beer....actually, I'm openly hoping it's much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment